Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Snake

 Look who was sunning herself in my driveway!
It was a chilly 53 degrees this morning. I saw this snake in front of my garage when it had warmed up to 83 degrees. The snake must have been cold because she did not budge, even when I got as close as 3 feet and walking around it while taking pictures.
Garden hose shows that the snake is pretty skinny, about 3 feet long.




 I am really glad I ran into her this morning as I had been concerned that I may have a rattlesnake on the property living under the shed. A few months ago I saw this snake killing a lizzard and dragging it under the shed, but I wasn't able to get close enough to get a good look at the snake. I didn't think it was a rattler, but without getting a good look at it I wasn't sure.

 Not a rattle snake for sure, I took a very close look at the end of the tail. I don't mind having snakes around. Since I saw the other snake that lives under my chicken coop just 2 weeks ago when I almost stepped on her, I know this is a different snake because it has a different pattern. This one I saw catching a good size lizzard. The other snake I have seen catching small birds and a mouse. So they are busy hunters.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?