Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coyote and snow pictures # 2,



Another shot of our beautiful Mt Charleston

Our road, this is what I look at every day when I come home from work


low clouds in the foothills

Cici out for a walk

A pretty rock I found. Now here is the story behind it. Where I often walk my dogs there are usually no cars, but on that day there was a car coming up on one end, so I veered off and went a slightly different route, then they came my way again, so I was a bit p.......d off that I couldn't have a walk without these people driving around disturbing my walk, so as I was walking across the desert to avoid the car, I came across this rock. It calmed my anger about the people disturbing our walk, I wouldn't have found this rock if I didn't have to take a hike through this part of the desert because of those people.

On another walk with Nanuk and Ayla I spotted this coyote. It was actually pretty close, maybe 80 feet from us when I first noticed it. The only reason the dogs didn't notice was that I actually stopped walking before I even noticed the coyote and the dogs looked at me to figure out why I stopped, in that moment the coyote popped out of the bushes and headed away from us, I tried to keep the dogs focused on me because I wanted to take a picture of the coyote and didn't want the dogs to go crazy, but by the time I got the camera ready to shot it had already moved way out and at that point the dogs saw it too.

Here is another shot of wild canine. A couple months ago I was driving and saw some coyotes running across the street, I drove to where I saw them to get a closer look when I noticed it was two coyotes chasing a rabbit. As I came closer the rabbit ran across the street right in front of me. Another car came from the other direction, the coyotes stopped to let the car go by (pretty smart), then ran across the road to continue their chase, of course the rabbit was nowhere to be seen. The coyotes stopped and looked my way. That look said it all "those darn cars cost us our breakfast".


Ayla and Nanuk observing the coyote

they were standing there for about 5 minutes watching, I couldn't see the coyote anymore, I have no idea if they still saw it or where just keeping an eye on where they last saw it

Ayla

Ayla, almost 5 1/2 years old, time goes by too fast

Nanuk, drooling


chicken in the snow

these were some more pics in the snow, taken the same day as the other snow pictures right after New Year. Prince and Sammie playing


Sam wrinkles her nose, the lip curls slightly

more nose wrinkling and lip curling from Sammie as Prince is pushing her buttons
now her hackles are up, she is ready to pretend she is mad

she gives him the look

and there is sweet little Sammie looking like she is mad

Prince loves to run

Sam running

there they go on a wild chase

interestingly, Sammie doesn't even eat half as much as Prince does and has a tendency to put on weight, while Prince is always really skinny, he always gets to eat as much as he wants, on Sam I have to restrict it.


happy Princey, I love to see him so happy running around

Sammie girl,


close up of the ticking on her muzzle

Prince

Prince is ready to play

looking regal in the snow

Princey boy

Comments:
The landscape looks exactly like Northern New Mexico where I live.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?