Sunday, February 08, 2009

After the rain,



We had quite a bit of rain this weekend, which means lots of snow in the mountains.

Samantha, I call her the ballerina because she has a very dancy and light step when she is happy

Samantha and Prince checking out all the puddles


The yard was a muddy mess after a heavy downpour, the dogs enjoyed it all as a whole new adventure, they were racing through the water and mud acting plain old silly

standing around in muddy water, what more can a dog that lives in the desert wish for?


some of my chickens like to hide their eggs, one of them, Bella, is the only one that lays an off white egg, whenever I don't get eggs from her I know she has found a new place to hide them

Tippi and Tobi, Tippi isn't done with her molting yet, while Tobi is already in full new plumage, she looks so pretty again now with the new feathers.


Another shot of Tippi and Tobi

Teddy after running and rolling around in the mud

Nanuk is playing with Enya, he is almost 8 years old, Enya is 14 months and just about his size now.

I have no idea why Nanuk was standing up like that here, and I never noticed it until I saw the picture

still playing


Enya grabbing Nanuk by the face

I love Nanuk's expression on this picture


Enya and Teddy, they were actually working on digging a hole there next to where I am building some new dog houses

Enya, my big girl


Enya

Cici doing a bow, she loves to do that, it's somewhat a default behavior for her, if all else fails, try a bow. Ayla sits pretty when she wants something, Cici does a bow.
I am really proud of myself as at this point all 5 of the puppies will do a bow on cue, my terrier and also Ayla will do a bow on cue, now if I could get them all together and do it at the same time.......

Cici, the wonder dog, she amazes me every day with the things she does, she is a fascinating little girl, she has actually pretty much stopped countersurfing and stealing things other than dog food, maybe one day it will be safe again to leave edible items on my desk without some dog snatching it up and eating it.

This was a really big hawk sitting in the tree next to our property. I made sure to leave a dog with the chickens before I left for work, this hawk is big enough to steal a chicken, I don't want him to take any of mine


Leydi and her two daughters, Cici is actually in the chicken yard and Leydi and Enya are with the goats, we have a neighbor with a new young Weimaraner and I am bit worried that this young dog will try to get over the fence to get to my critters as he isn't deterred by my dogs barking at him, he thinks it's funny and runs around like it is a game and my dogs really aren't amused by it. So we are all keeping a close eye on him.

Enya loves the goats, Maya who is the oldest one of my goats (not shown) loves to chase Enya around, her hackles will be up, mouth open she walks towards Enya with her head wiggling about, Enya runs from her, play bows, jumps away, it's really funny to watch. Maya doesn't do this with any of the other dogs, seems to be a mutual thing between these two.

Leydi sitting in the soft straw

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?