Saturday, February 09, 2008

Warm and sunny day,

up until Thursday it has been so cold that one could only be outside with some warm clothes on, then yesterday and today it was already so warm, that it was comfortable with a t-shirt and shorts, for now the warm weather feels good.



My Jack Russell Terrier Kobi is a good example of patience paying off, I took this picture of him today, off leash in the chicken yard, I never thought this day would happen as he had been more interested in killing them since I got them, than trying to get along. I have done quite a bit of clicker training with him around the chickens, and this is the result. Later today one of the chickens had gotten out and came walking towards where I sat and Kobi was sitting under the table, he saw the chicken before I saw it, and he didn't move, he just sat there ant looked at it like it was the most normal thing in the world.
Panda, Blossom and Bianca taking a break

I filled up the little pool yesterday, just in case any of the puppies like to get wet paws, so far they like to drink from it.


The puppies have graduated to a water bucket instead of their bowls. This morning when I filled their bowls with the bucket, they were all trying to drink from the bucket, so I filled the bucket again after filling the bowls and they seemed quite happy with the bucket.
The puppies are so much bigger than Kobi already, he weighs 13 lbs, the puppies are all twenty pounds and more. He is having a blast with all his new playmates.


dusty faces after they were playing in the big holes near the straw bales that the other dogs have been excavating

we had a visitor over this morning to meet the puppies and while we hung out near the goat pen and talked about our animals, all the puppies came over and piled up near us in the shade


Piling up in the shade, I started working on another dog house/shade structure today


Samantha

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?