Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Keepers,

it was very difficult to decide which puppies I will be keeping as there was a lot that I like about each one of these puppies, I knew pretty early on that I wanted to keep Cici, she thinks everybody must love her, but she is also very thoughtful, quiet and content and she has not shown an interest to chase or stalk the chickens or the goats. All the puppies I have chosen to keep have been good with my chickens and goats, that was a major deciding factor. As far as their call names go, all but Panda will keep their names, Panda will be Enya from now on.
Why do I keep so many puppies? Well, first of all, I am a dog nut, and especially Anatolian Shepherd Dogs fascinate me. Raising 4 puppies will be interesting as it will give me a first hand experience in comparing their behaviors, growth patterns and how their puppy behaviors translate into adult behavior, especially since I have known them and worked with them since birth. After putting up with 10 puppies in the last few weeks, cutting the number down to 5 will feel like I have nothing to do anymore - kind of.
All these puppies have already some nice foundation training, they know sitting makes good things happen, they are used to being handled and having their nails done, they are pretty good about coming when called, they have all had a few lessions in leash walking and I am working some more on this with all of them until they leave here, they all know to touch my hand with their noses when I hold it out a little away from them, I have regularly done preventative training for possession/food aggression and they are used to being held/restrained and have people stick their faces into theirs and kiss them.
We still have one puppy available at this point, which is Tinka, who is really laid back and calm, so until she goes to her forever home I will enjoy having half of my litter with me. The others will be leaving starting next week.



Samantha and Teddy
Cici

Samantha


Enya



Samantha and Teddy





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?