Thursday, January 31, 2008

7 weeks old,

puppies weigh almost 20 lbs now, they are changing so much, their coat colors, their bodies, one day their legs seem to be short and stubby and the next day their legs look long and skinny, they all know and respond to their names, they are really good about sitting for attention, I can sit down and they will all sit in front of me waiting their turns for treats, I am not using a clicker for this exercise, it teaches them self control, only if they patiently sit and wait their turn do they get a treat, there is no punishment other than the absence of getting a treat for not waiting, but yet everybody is falling in line. It's quite a sight.


I usually do a head count in the evening to make sure everybody is inside, last night when one was missing I looked outside and Panda had taken up her post on the straw bale.


Ayla was out playing with the puppies yesterday, and she just got so excited in between she had to run around in circles at full gallop, that's how excited she was. Too bad the pups can't run that fast yet, I think she was hoping they could all race around together.

Ayla and her little friends


Samantha, Bianca and Teddy


puppies playing in the holes


Dottie is guarding the hole


Grizzly trying to climb out of the hole



Grizzly running, Panda looks like she is trying to get away from him, he doesn't make himself popular with the girls, he has this habit of grabbing their genitals when he wrestles with them, at first I thought it was by accident, but I have seen him go directly for that area and biting down and holding it, so I interfere whenever I see him doing that, gosh it's got to hurt. What a little stinker.


everybody was fascinated with the holes


lot's of excitement



checking out the cave like hole


those holes are very popular


more excitement


puppies having fun checking this out

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?