Monday, February 12, 2007

"Cutie Pie"

Ayla's newest trick "Cutie Pie", when she is lying down, she does the paw over the face trick, she does a one paw and a two paw version, I am still working on getting both versions under stimulus control, meaning having a cue for each one and getting her to reliably do what I am asking. For now I am happy she is enthusiastic about doing her tricks.

Interestingly she starts experimenting with all kinds of behaviors when she notices I pay attention to her. She really loves it when I praise her and get excited about all the goofy things she comes up with. So initially I hardly ever use treats, she just does something and based on my reaction she repeats it. I then give her some treats too, to get a few more repetitions of the behavior.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?