Monday, July 17, 2006

Nanuk, my best buddy
Nanuk is my 5 year old male Great Pyrenees, he and I love to go outdoors and explore together. This boy is very special to me, because we have come along such a long way from when he first came to me. What I especially love about him is how he communicates with me. He has learned to make me aware of things that he finds interesting, so he will stand and try to get me to notice he is looking at me, when I ask "show me what it is", he takes off wherever he wanted to go, making sure I am following. Most of the time it's just a particular shrub or tree he wants to sniff. Their world of smells must be so amazing.

These pictures were taken this spring near Tecopa, CA which is near Death Valley National Park, while we were in Tecopa, we also visited the China Ranch Date Farm. We took a walk amongst the different varieties of date palms and sampled their delicious date nut bread.
Nanuk and I have been to many different places here in Southern Nevada. While he can't talk, it truly feels like he is sharing my passion for this beautiful place. He never gets impatient when I stop a million times to take pictures, in return I wait when he is busy checking things out that he finds interesting. He is my best buddy.

Comments:
Love the photos!! Beautiful!

Just dropping by real quick!
 
I love your blog; I tried it wondering what kind of chickens Anatolians were. hehe I raise rare and endangered chicks, and sell them as started birds. I especially love your Pyrenees. My daughter, here in MT, had a female for a year, and I really grew attached to that dog. As did my, then 6 yr. old granddaughter. The dog's name was Precious,and my granddaughter called her Precie. For a long time, she talked about her wish of "getting her Precie dog back". If they didn't drool so bad, I'd consider one when I need a guard dog for my chickens (my plans are to move them to a larger, better facility, hopefully nearby). I have 3 sisters who live in NV, one near Reno and 2 near LV. So I like watching how you're building an oasis in that never ending desert. Thanks for your great pics.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?