Friday, July 28, 2006


Anatolians and their friends

I currently have 5 dogs, 2 Anatolian Shepherds, 2 Great Pyrenees and one Jack Russell Terrier. I have never had that many dogs before, it's a lot of work especially since I got all but Nanuk in the last 9 months, which means they all needed training to understand what I want them to do, they also all need grooming which means all of them have to learn to let me do their nails, brush their teeth, clean their ears and let me do their coat care. So, I am spending a lot of time with my dogs doing all of the above. Oh, almost forgot, I take them on daily walks as well. The daily interactions with my little doggie pack are so much fun, they are all individuals and I just love to see the interactions with each other. Ayla my 11 months old Anatolian Shepherd loves her little Jack Russell Terrier buddy Kobi. The two of them never get tired of wrestling and pushing each others buttons. Kobi, the terrier is quite feisty. The second picture shows Ayla with Nanuk. I think it's safe to say that Ayla has always had a crush on him, he is such a big and handsome fella. As she was growing up he has always pretty much ignored her, and when she got too much into his face he used to be quite grumpy about it. All that has changed since she came into heat last month. He now treats her like a gentleman and always takes her side when Leydi, my other Anatolian plays too rough with Ayla.

The third picture shows Ayla visiting her Leonberger friends in Las Vegas, Mikey likes to get his feet wet, but Ayla couldn't be convinced that walking out into the pool was such a good idea.

The next picture shows my two Anatolian Shepherd girls demonstrating "girl power" or is it just "girls just wanna have fun"? Both share a passion for wrestling and racing around at full speed.

The next picture shows Ayla as a puppy with my senior Great Pyrenees Zazou, who was a very patient baby sitter. Ayla is now much taller than he is, and thanks to the other dogs, she no longer bugs him to wrestle with her.

The last two pictures show my Anatolian girls with Michael. He came here for a two week vacation from the big city while his mom is out of town. They gave him a big welcome, and then took him for a tour to show him around.


Comments:
You can see elements of their personalities in these blog postings. Wonderful. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?