Tuesday, July 18, 2006


Anatolians and small dogs
Kobi is my first small dog. In the beginning I was really worried about the big dogs stepping on him or otherwise injuring him. Ayla was just 4 months old when I got Kobi. The two of them often play wildly and it took me a long time to relax about their rough play. Ayla just knows how to be careful about not hurting him. When Leydi joined us I was glad that she had been raised around
small terriers as well. From the moment she met Kobi she seemed to be fascinated with him. And she just loves to push his buttons. He acts like a ferocious little thing when the other dogs nudge him or put a paw on him, but it's really all just for fun.
A few times I have also let Kobi play outside with both of my Anatolian girls, it's amazing to watch, even in all the running and wrestling the two big girls are extremely careful not to step on the little dog running along. Like most small dogs, he seems to be oblivious to the fact that he is so much smaller than they are. What's really funny is when he picks up the giant dog size rawhide chewies and carries them off to munch on them. I haven't been able to take a picture of it yet, so that will come later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?